A supporting structure in pure wool acts as the blank canvas for the pieces of inlaid velvet that comprise this sophisticated garment. The coat thus is a truly interesting and innovative unique piece: the colors, the design and the precious texture of the panels are all valorized by the design.
This coat is inspired by the terracotta army of Xi’an. It reminisces the soldier’s amors which were composed of small pieces that, like scales, were joined to the body by thin strips. Each RISA creation carries a history that is reinterpreted and moulded by the present times, to elicit confidence in its wearer. This garment could be seen as both an abstract and physical metaphor of this process: it carries a rich background, the dark blue wool and the Chinese army, but it adapts to the present, the vivid bright colors and the wearer’s personality.
Size: fits any size
100% Made in Italy
WHY THE PRICE?
In the evaluation of the production costs of a RISA garment, some aspects that are specific to our product must be taken into account:
- We want to maintain an equatable and fair pay for the artisans, in order to sustain this precious tradition
- Absolutely everything is made in Italy
- The fabrics used come from the most luxurious and precious Italian furniture companies in the sector
- Their characteristics are carefully selected and evaluated so that they are coupled in perfect harmony
- The recycled fabric of these exclusive companies are then coupled with fine fabrics (wool, silk, cotton, linen) to complete the garment while maintaining the high standard that distinguishes us
- This process is made for every garment produced by Risa: they are all unique and unrepeatable models. Therefore, they are all considered “sample” pieces in common fashion production terms, because they all need to go through the pre-selection, dismemberment, selection, assembly phases, followed by multiple iterations with the artisans. If you are interested to know more about our production process, you can find it below
OUR PRODUCTION PROCESS
A first pre-selection takes place when the samples must be dismembered and the tissues evaluated.
Then we move on to the stage of selection of fabrics according to their size, weight and different compositions of materials.
After these first two phases, the materials thus divided pass to the creative department where the different combinations and uses are hypothesized.
Then, the fabrics are evaluated by our artisans who, after having made the appropriate pattern, must verify the quantity, consistency and workability of the combinations.
After the first encounter, the product control team has to constantly follow the artisans in the tailoring process, intervening with further iterations and implementations so that the realization takes place with the utmost care and attention. This process is in tight collaboration with the artisans, and their expertise guides our decisions.
Finally, the garment returns to the style department where all the accessories that will contribute to giving that additional touch of creativity and imagination that RISA garments never lack are chosen: buttons, trimmings, belts, etc.
The final result of this laborious process is a RISA garment: unique, perfect in its different harmonies created by the skilful artisanal combination of fabrics, colors and shapes.
Body: 100% Pure Italian Wool
Patchwork: Mixed Materials